Before You Versa Spa:
* If possible, exfoliate before your treatment to remove dry, flaky skin that causes uneven tanning. Dead skin cells absorb more color in some areas and prevent the application of color to the fresh skin beneath.
* Skin should be clean and ideally freshly shaven. If you plan on waxing, be sure to wax before you VersaSpa. Waxing will remove your tan.
* Remove all make up and any lotion that has been applied in the last few hours before your treatment.
* Wear loose fitting clothing and flip flops. Tight clothes can rub off the DHA bronzer.
After You Versa Spa:
* Do not shower, get sweaty or wet for at least 6 hours after your VersaSpa treatment.
* Do not scrub, rub, or exfoliate your skin when showering. Your color will fade quickly.
* Avoid swimming in chlorinated water. Chlorine is a bleach and will fade your color.
* After your first shower, begin applying a Tan Extending Moisturizer to help maintain a healthy glow and to extend the life of your spray tan. These products contain a small amount of DHA to replace the bronzer that is lost each day as your spray tan fades. We recommend Black Tan Extending Moisturizer. It is fantastic! Ask us about it when you come in for your session.
* When you shower or bathe, avoid scrubbing your skin. Use a mild bar soap like Dove or Caress. Harsh soaps will cause you to lose your color faster. Body wash works great! Pat yourself dry with a towel rather than rubbing.
* Your color will be noticeable when you leave the salon, but will continue to darken over the next several hours. Any areas that appear uneven or in the event of getting a little bit wet, the color will even out when you shower.